The Rent Assistance Program (Yachin Shien Kyufukin) has started.
It will provide one-time payments of up to ¥3,000,000 to help the impacted sole proprietors pay the office/shop rent.
- Who can apply?
- Had some sales in 2019 tax return as a general rule
- Experienced a sales drop during the period from May to December 2020.
(1) at least -50% yoy in a month; or
(2) at least -30% yoy in the three consecutive months on average
- Leasing the property for your business from a third party
- Calculated as below payment x 6
If rent is ¥375,000, ¥250,000×6 (¥1,500,000) to be paid.
- “Rent” refers to the monthly payment you actually made within a month before the date of application
- Maintenance fees includable? –>Yes
- Is SOHO OK? –>Yes
- Is subleased or family-owned OK? –>No
The application procedure is mostly same as Jizokuka Kyufukin, except it requires a lease agreement and the payment records of the past three months.
In addition to that –
Some local governments offer their original programs, so don’t miss the latest information from your prefecture and city respectively.
- Extra payment up to ¥187,500 as below x 3
- The applicant portal will open in mid-August 2020
Entim Consulting can help with your application such as checking the eligibility and making a draft of the application. Please feel free to contact.